Saturday, February 28, 2009

The way it is.

I slipped on a patch of ice and shattered my leg into three pieces on February 2nd. Sometimes it takes being placed in a situation you can not control to make your perspective change. I have always prided myself in being independent, self sufficient and in control. Well, apparently God wanted to teach me a lesson in humility…

I can not walk for a total of three months… my mother says that maybe this experience will lower my nose a little out of the air, blah – stranger things have happened.

I have become completely dependent on my husband, who never complains,  is staying out of work to care for me and puts up with my frustrations, rants, attitude and gas.  I have watched him without pause become both mother and father, he has always had a close connection with our son & been an active father, but w/ me being laid up and gimped out he does EVERYTHING. Cooks, cleans, changes diapers, makes bottles, everything. And here I sit, surfing the entire internet and I’ve seen everything on cable television.

All this to say – I am thankful. I am thankful that my fall was not worse. I am thankful that my nosey neighbors came outside once they heard me yelling for help. I am thankful that there was not wait at the ER, my hand IV didn’t hurt and the morphine kicked in right away. I am thankful that I did not have the baby with me when I fell nor did I hit my head or bust my teeth out. I’m thankful for a wonderful and supportive husband and for short term disability insurance.

Vive Overstock.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment